Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
Civility In The Workplace Training:
While a training program on workplace manners and courtesy may seem like overkill, the reality is: rudeness is an epidemic costing industry millions a year. Indeed, what society seems to be gaining in terms of both knowledge and technological advancement, it’s losing out on basic social values that directly impact the bottom line.
Civility represents the social norms and rules that must be followed in order to positively and productively relate with others. When people hear the word “civility,” words that come to mind include respect, courtesy, tolerance, consideration, and a rational approach to conflicts. Behaviors that threaten positive and productive relations with other people, therefore, constitute uncivil behaviors
Bosses freely intrude on subordinates’ personal space, gossiping co-workers are norm, and quality customer care has been forgotten. The result: an environment not conducive to getting work done, dissatisfied clients aiming for the competition, and in some cases, blatant tolerance for abuse and harassment.
To address the growing problem of incivility in the work setting, this workshop introduces the concept of civility,its importance to a company, as well as its typical causes and effects. Skills needed to effectively practice civil behavior, as well as different ways organization scan systematize civility in the workplace will also be discussed.
• Define civility, understand its causes, and enumerate at least three of its behavioural indicators.
• Understand the costs of incivility, as well as the rewards of civility, within the workplace.
• Learn practical ways of practicing workplace etiquette, including the proper use of greetings, respect, involvement, and political correctness.
• Learn the basic styles of conflict resolution and identify the style most appropriate for managing particular conflicts in the workplace.
• Learn skills in diagnosing the causes of uncivil behaviour.
• Understand the role of forgiveness and conflict resolution in the creation of a civil working environment.
• Understand the different elements of effective communication, particularly effective para-verbal and non-verbal communication.
• Learn facilitative communication skills such as listening and appreciative inquiry.
• Learn specific interventions that can be utilized when there’s conflict within the workplace.
• Learn a recommended procedure for systematizing civil behaviour within the workplace.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Introduction
What is Uncivil Behavior?
Three Reasons Why You Should Be Civil
Dealing with Difficult Personalities
Cost and Rewards
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Effective Work Etiquette
Being Politically Correct
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Costs and Rewards
Incivility and the Costs
Civility and Rewards
Four Causes of Incivility
How to Overcome It
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Conflict Resolution
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Getting to the Cause
Examining the Root Cause
Creating a Cause-and-Effect Diagram
Benefits of Resolution
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: Communication
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Negotiation
Three Sides to Incivility
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Identifying Your Need
Completing a Needs Analysis
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Writing a Civility Policy
Designating the Core Group
Defining What is Unacceptable Behavior
Defining the Consequence
Writing the Policy
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: Implementing the Policy
The First Steps
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping Up
Words from the Wise
You selected to get the course Civility in the Workplace Trai... (E1161). Please Login to get it.