Coaching and Mentoring Skills:
The Coaching and Mentoring Skills training course focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
An easy-to-understand coaching model taught in this course will guide you through the coaching process. Prepare yourself to change a few things about yourself in order to coach your employees to better a
Understanding the difference between coaching and mentoring will help you be clear on your coaching objective. Many times, these two concepts are misunderstood.
• Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
• Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
• Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
• Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
• Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
• Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
• Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
• Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
• Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
What is Coaching?
What is Mentoring?
Introducing the G.R.O.W. Model
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Setting Goals
Goals in the Context of GROW
Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
Setting SMART Goals
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Understanding the Realities
Getting a Picture of Where You Are
Exploring the Past
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Developing Options
Choosing Your Final Approach
Structuring a Plan
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Wrapping it All Up
Creating the Final Plan
Identifying the First Step
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: The Importance of Trust
What is Trust?
Trust and Coaching
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Providing Feedback
The Feedback Sandwich
Providing Constructive Criticism
Encouraging Growth and Development
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Overcoming Roadblocks
Focusing on Progress
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Reaching the End
How to Know When You’ve Achieved Success
Transitioning the Coachee
Wrapping it All Up
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: How Mentoring Differs from Coaching
The Basic Differences
Blending the Two Models
Adapting the GROW Model for Mentoring
Focusing on the Relationship
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping it Up
Words from the Wise 5
You selected to get the course Coaching & Mentoring Skills (E1171). Please Login to get it.