Enter the email address you used to sign up, and we'll send your username
Enter your username or email address and we'll email you instructions on how to reset your password
Coaching and Mentoring Skills:
The Coaching and Mentoring Skills training course focuses on how to better coach your employees to higher performance. Coaching is a process of relationship building and setting goals. How well you coach is related directly to how well you are able to foster a great working relationship with your employees through understanding them and strategic goal setting.
An easy-to-understand coaching model taught in this course will guide you through the coaching process. Prepare yourself to change a few things about yourself in order to coach your employees to better a
Understanding the difference between coaching and mentoring will help you be clear on your coaching objective. Many times, these two concepts are misunderstood.
• Define coaching, mentoring and the GROW model.
• Identify and set appropriate goals using the SMART technique of goal setting.
• Identify the steps necessary in defining the current state or reality of your employee’s situation.
• Identify the steps in developing a finalized plan or wrapping it up and getting your employee motivated to accomplish those plans.
• Identify the benefits of building and fostering trust with your employee.
• Identify the steps in giving effective feedback while maintaining trust.
• Identify and overcoming common obstacles.
• Identify when the coaching is at an end and transitioning your employee to other growth opportunities.
• Identify the difference between mentoring and coaching.
Module One: Getting Started
Module Two: Defining Coaching and Mentoring
What is Coaching?
What is Mentoring?
Introducing the G.R.O.W. Model
Module Two: Review Questions
Module Three: Setting Goals
Goals in the Context of GROW
Identifying Appropriate Goal Areas
Setting SMART Goals
Module Three: Review Questions
Module Four: Understanding the Realities
Getting a Picture of Where You Are
Exploring the Past
Module Four: Review Questions
Module Five: Developing Options
Choosing Your Final Approach
Structuring a Plan
Module Five: Review Questions
Module Six: Wrapping it All Up
Creating the Final Plan
Identifying the First Step
Module Six: Review Questions
Module Seven: The Importance of Trust
What is Trust?
Trust and Coaching
Module Seven: Review Questions
Module Eight: Providing Feedback
The Feedback Sandwich
Providing Constructive Criticism
Encouraging Growth and Development
Module Eight: Review Questions
Module Nine: Overcoming Roadblocks
Focusing on Progress
Module Nine: Review Questions
Module Ten: Reaching the End
How to Know When You’ve Achieved Success
Transitioning the Coachee
Wrapping it All Up
Module Ten: Review Questions
Module Eleven: How Mentoring Differs from Coaching
The Basic Differences
Blending the Two Models
Adapting the GROW Model for Mentoring
Focusing on the Relationship
Module Eleven: Review Questions
Module Twelve: Wrapping it Up
Words from the Wise 5
You selected to get the course Coaching & Mentoring Skills (E1171). Please Login to get it.